Contract Civil Engineer_Program Manager (Engineering &Construction)
Civil Engineer_Program Manager
Location: Lesotho, Maseru
Salary: R 1.7 to R 2.1 million p.a
Our client in the Engineering and Construction industry is looking for a Program Manager.
- As a member of this team, you would contribute to Client’s mission by:
- Negotiating critical and controversial issues with top level engineers/scientists and officers of other organizations
- Taking responsibility for an important segment of very extensive and highly diversified engineering/scientific programs critical to our clients objectives
- Deciding the kind and extent of engineering/scientific and related programs needed for accomplishing program objectives
- Planning and organizing facilities and programs
- Interpreting results
- Supervising several subordinate supervisors or team leaders, some of whom are at level VII or VIII
- Formulating and guiding the attack on problems of exceptional difficulty and marked importance to Client
- Performing advisory and consulting work for Client as a recognized authority for broad program management areas or in an intensely specialized area of considerable importance.
Other roles include but not limited to:
- Act as the intermediary and principle point of contact of a Program Management Unit (PMU), to our client, as well as public.
- In general, ensuring overall compliance with CLIENT’s budget, scope, schedule, ethics and anti-corruption policies, quality and reporting requirements on the assignment.
- Management and leadership of a fully complimented and staffed program management team to include mentoring and succession planning.
- Advice and counsel to the contracting/owning agencies on matters relating to program success including project delivery strategies, procurement, contract management, design and construction oversight, scheduling, and commissioning.
- Regular reporting to both the client, governing bodies, other stakeholders as required by the client, and Client.
- Adherence to CLIENT’s anti-corruption policy and quality management program.
Civil Engineer_Program Manager
- Internationally recognized undergraduate degree in Civil engineering with an advanced degree preferred.
- Certifications: Professional Engineer (PE) or Chartered/registered required. PMP certification is preferred.
- Served as a Program Manager on at least 1-2 large, multi-disciplined civil infrastructure programs with capital value not less than $100 million. Consideration will be given for Senior Project Manager Position for projects with capital works value over $100 million. Any project provided to demonstrate these criteria should clearly identify the multiple elements/disciplines managed as part of a program or large-scale project.
- At least 15-20 years of extensive international project management experience, leading large, multi-sector, multi-cultural teams of experts in the planning, design, and construction of medium to large scale civil infrastructure projects.
- Experience with water conveyance including large diameter tunnels, reservoirs, pump stations, dams, hydroelectric facilities, in accordance with international standards, and constructed by international-scale civil works contractors preferred. Other large-scale infrastructure projects will still be given consideration.
- Within the last 15 years, served as the “ENGINEER” for at least three large civil infrastructure projects of significant complexity, implemented under the FIDIC Conditions of Contract with a capital works value of not less than $50 million.
- Able to demonstrate experience in large scale program development, management, and implementation or similar fields including program-level cost estimating systems and risk management (claims management, schedule, budget, etc.).
- Management of similar assignments in developing countries preferred.
- Knowledge, experience and understanding of program controls including web-based systems for scheduling, financial/funding tracking and reporting, and document management. The candidate should identify specific program controls utilized.
- Excellent computer, communication, leadership, and organizational skills.
- Advance degree from internationally recognized university.
- PMP Certified
- Experience with procurement/tendering, claims management and contract management (FIDIC)
- Experience in Africa.
- Posted By: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Locaton : Maseru, Foso, Maseru, Lesotho
- Job Categories: Construction / Civil Engineering.
- Job Types: Contract.
- Job Tags: Civil Engineer_Program Manager.
- Salary: 100,000 and above.
Job expires in 19 days.
315 total views, 2 today
Engineer Location: South Africa Salary: Market Related (TFCE between R400000 and R600000) Our client in the Construction and Engineering industry is looking to employ Suitably Qualified and Experienced Engineers Foreman. Key responsibilities • Ensuring standard procedures are adhered to and any specific client requirements are taken into account. • Preparing detailed short term project schedules […]
Practitioner IR (Senior)
Practitioner IR (Senior) Location: Northern Cape, South Africa Salary: Market Related Our client in the Construction and Engineering industry is looking to employ Suitably Qualified and Experienced Practitioner IR for a period of about 15 Months. Key responsibilities • Facilitating the local community and accommodating interface issues between local stakeholders • Labour disputes and grievances […]
Site Agent (Construction)
Site Agent Location: South Africa Salary: Market Related (TFCE between R600000 and R900000) Our client in the Construction and Engineering industry is looking to employ Suitably Qualified and Experienced Site Agents. Key responsibilities • Ensuring standard procedures are adhered to and any specific client requirements are taken into account. • Preparing detailed long term project […]