Full-Time Client Relations Manager
Purpose of role :
The Client Relations Manager is responsible for the optimisation of the P&L of a specific airport, whilst ensuring each location remains regionally and / or globally relevant. She / he primarily looks after a large portfolio of Core and Concession Locations (as per the company’s Location Segmentation). The Client Relations Manager interacts with a global network of Account Managers to coordinate Air BP’s offer in response to customers’ tender invitations.
Key Results/ Accountabilities expected from role:
• developing an understanding of the competitive environment of all locations within the supply
• proactive portfolio management – agree customer targets for each location (across all customer segments) with Account Managers, lead proposals for Core and Base customers through CAPO in order to optimise portfolio
• developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders at airports in order to identify
business development opportunities and ensure smooth operations in our customer offer (e.g.
airport lease negotiations)
• fully understanding and challenging (where necessary) the supply logistics and reducing the cost structure for each airport; ensuring airport steady states (DEPE) include most up to date decision costs
• supporting, translating and delivering the appropriate Sales & Marketing strategy for a portfolio of airports ensuring alignment with the global sales strategies
• location pricing “agree” rights for Key & Strategic customers and “decide” rights for Core & Base customers
• establishing robust, effective and efficient relationships with GOT, Supply & Logistics and impacted Joint Ventures, to align strategy and ensure optimisation of the value chain and continuous improvement of financial outcomes through leveraging supply and marketing for specific customers
• liaising with supply and operations teams to understand current and future supply costs
• champion the the data integrity within DEPE, reviewing forward P&L forecast and resolution of any data issues
• gathering and analysing competitor and market information, maintaining of PRTPs
Key challenges faced on the role:
• Ability to optimise P&L across multiple channels of trade and locations in line with S&M account strategies
• Excellence in working with and connectivity to peers to ensure win / win outcome
• Ensuring that each location is globally relevant – critical success factor is federal behaviours, ensuring a strategic lens as opposed to a tactical approach
Economic dimensions associated with role:
Revenue $: > 500m
Gross Margin $: > 40m
U/RCP Pre-tax $: 9.5m
Cash Costs $ 10.3m
Capital employed $ 42m
Marketing Sales 158m usg
Assets: fixed and mobile assets in 10 airport locations in South Africa, 7 in Mozambique, 40 GA airports in Region.
South Africa , Mozambique, including 4 JVs ( 3 unincorporated and 1 incorporated)
• Bachelor degree in business related curriculum and / or a minimum of 3 years’ experience with a successful track record in Sales and Marketing Experience
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build relationships and influence at all levels.
• Knowledge of jet supply chains and trading, experience in constructing complex integrated value chain deals and an ability to successfully articulate these to the customer and internal colleagues
• Commercial and business judgement developed in different business environments (Air Transport, Oil refining, Supply, Logistics, Trading and strategy) across a range of markets / functions and cultures is a plus.
• Previous track record of managing complex deals with multiple variables
• Ability to demonstrate strong cross cultural relationship building skills
• Deep knowledge of the airline industry
• Oil Industry Values and Behaviours and Leadership expectations
Candidate Personal Profile:
• Individual with a “can do” attitude and the ability / desire to lead by influence
• Self-starter, great listener, humble with both self-confidence and resilience
• Natural relationship builder able to translate analytical data into insights to influence stakeholders
Key Technical Competencies:
• Supply Envelop Strategy Development & Implementation – Skilful Application
• Sales & Marketing, especially Account Management – Skilful Application
• Leading through Influence – Skilful Application
• Supply & Trading knowledge – Skillful
• Relationship Building (internal & external) – Mastery
• This is a role working together with a network of Account Managers and across multiple Performance
Units to maximise profit at both a customer and location level. P&L responsibility is shared with the
Key / Strategic Account Managers
- Posted By: admin
- Locaton : Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
- Job Categories: Chemical & Petrochemical.
- Job Types: Full-Time.
- Job Tags: Client Relations Manager.
- Salary: 40,000 - 60,000.
Job expires in 19 days.
3009 total views, 10 today
Purpose of role : The Client Relations Manager is responsible for the optimisation of the P&L of a specific airport, whilst ensuring each location remains regionally and / or globally relevant. She / he primarily looks after a large portfolio of Core and Concession Locations (as per the company’s Location Segmentation). The Client Relations Manager interacts with […]