Contract Server Engineer (Insurance)
Server Engineer (Insurance)
Location: Menlyn, Pretoria, South Africa
Salary: R43 000 p.m
Our client in the Insurance industry is looking for a Server Engineer that is going to be responsible for the design, provision, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
• Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, storage.
• Design and support systems that provide easy and natural end-user access
• Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created
• Support production systems as required by optimizing performance, resolving production problems, and providing timely follow-up on reported problems
• Repair and recover from hardware, software or networking failures
• Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies
• Resolve customer issues including complex technical scenarios.
• Establish performance standards and proactively monitors performance
• Create and maintain system documentation
• Establish IT policies, standards, practices and security measures to ensure effective and consistent information processing operations and to safeguard information resources
• Work with existing systems to track and manage requests and issues
• Familiarity with Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Security, OS Internal concepts, IIS Administration experience.
• Experience with VMWare configuration and administration.
• Experience with Microsoft Management tools (SCOM, SCCM, SCSM, MS Orchestrator.
• Experience with Unified Messaging (MS Exchange 2016 and Lync/Skype for Business)
• Familiarity with networking tools (ping, tracert, tracemon, NetMon, wire shark, etc.).
• Familiarity with networking concepts including VIPs, NAT, DNS.
• Experience with scripting tools such as XML and PowerShell.
• Experience working with and maintaining MS SQL Server, including performance tuning.
• Server clustering experience.
• Experience with data reconciliation and migration between data environments (e.g. dev, test, staging, prod, etc).
• Experience with Virtualized storage including vendors like Dell, HP, Nimble and Microsoft. ISCSI and Fiber channel SAN – storage experience.
• MCSE Server Infrastructure.
Server Engineer (Insurance)
• Grade 12
• National Diploma in Information Technology
• A+ and N+
• MCSE 2012
• Exchange 2013
• SharePoint 2013
• CCNA (Certified Cisco Network Administrator)
• ITIL V3 Foundation
• 5 years’ experience as a network administrator
• 6 years’ experience in an IT environment
• Drivers license and own reliable transport essential
- Posted By: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Locaton : Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
- Job Categories: Insurance.
- Job Types: Contract.
- Job Tags: ENGINEER and Server Engineer (Insurance).
- Salary: 40,000 - 60,000.
Job expires in 19 days.
337 total views, 2 today
Experienced Financial Advisors Planners -10k pm + comm – Durban On offer: 10k pm basic negotiable Competitive Commission + benefits package! Weekly commission payments on offer!! No Desk fees Full admin and support offered Very generous commission split. 85%-100% comm split The company will either purchase, take over or continue with your current book or […]
Project Co-Ordinator (Insurance)
Project Co-Ordinator (Insurance) Location: Menlyn, Pretoria Salary: R17 200 to R22 000 p.m. Our client in the Insurance industry is looking for a Project Co-Ordinator to ensure effective project coordination & relationship building. Key responsibilities 1. Identify and Develop new opportunities and markets • Develop new relationships with relevant key role players • Identify, penetrate […]
CNS Sales Manager (Insurance)
CNS Sales Manager (Insurance) Location: Port Elizabeth, Salary: R12 000 basic + benefits Our client in the Insurance industry is looking for a CNS Sales Manager to provide professional first line support to clients and sales support and capture group new business policies. Key responsibilities 1. Plan and Implement Sales plan at Regional level • […]